Fringe Festival 2018 – Sponsored by East Bedlington Parish Council
Last year we hosted a free, 3 day music event, which was sponsored by East Bedlington Parish Council. We’re extremely fortunate that the Parish Council have once again decided to sponsor an event, and this year it’s going to be bigger and better!
Taking place over 4 days, the event will be completely FREE for anyone to attend, and will feature a huge range of acts, bands and genres, from a large swing band to acoustic acts, from a male voice choir to rock bands!
Up and Coming Listings…
- Friday 31st August – North Tyne Acoustic – 8pm FREE
- Friday 7th September – Steve Allen – 8:30pm FREE
- Friday 14th September – Cal Patterson Acoustic – 8:30pm FREE
- 27th-30th September – Fringe Festival – FREE (see poster for more details)
- Friday 5th October – Three from the Shed – 9pm FREE
- Friday 12th October – Sam Bosworth – 8:30pm FREE
- Friday 19th October – Paul Jeans – 8:30pm FREE
- Friday 26th October – Halloween Party with The Merx – doors 7pm, tickets £2.50
- Friday 2nd November – 45 Spread – 9pm FREE
- Friday 9th November – TBC
- Friday 16th November – The Smokin’ Spitfires – doors 7pm, tickets £5.00
- Friday 23rd November – Berry Burgess – 8:30pm FREE
- Friday 30th November – We Are Champion – A Tribute To Queen; following the East Bedlington Parish Council Christmas Lights Switch On – doors 7pm, FREE
- Friday 7th December – TBC
- Friday 14th December – Christmas Party with ABBANow – doors 7pm, tickets £5.00
- Monday 31st December – New Year’s Party with The Kings of Rhythm – Doors 7pm, tickets £5.00
We Love Live Music!
And from what we can tell, so do you! Here you can find details of up and coming gigs and events. Unless otherwise stated, bands are usually on stage around 9pm, with the bar being open from at least 7pm.
This year we’ve got some brilliant acts lined up! Tickets for all of this year’s events are on sale NOW – and they’re selling quick! Get yours early to avoid disappointment!
Weekends at Platform 1 are all about live music! We try and cater for everyone’s tastes, and get as wide a variety of acts and bands as we can. Even within our first year of being open we’ve had a huge variety of acts, such as blues, rock, acoustic and even a 1960’s themed night! We always try to get the highest quality of acts onto our stage, and create a friendly, fun and welcoming environment for all of the community. The majority of our band nights are on a Friday, and the bar is open from 7pm, with bands usually starting at 9pm.
Being a Community Centre we want to encourage and welcome everyone to use our facilities – children and families are welcome to attend our bands nights, but we ask that anyone under the age of 18 is accompanied by an adult, and that they are clear of the bar by 9pm.
We also operate ‘Challenge 25’ in the Buffet Car, so if you are over 18, but look younger than 25, please don’t be offended if we ask for proof of age! The only forms of ID we are able to accept are an in-date UK Passport, or a valid UK Driving License.
Here are some images from our band nights so far:
Want to play at Platform 1?
We’re always looking for new acts and bands to put on – whether it be a whole night’s performance on the main stage, an acoustic set before a band, or even something unplugged in the bar area – we want to hear from you! Get in touch by following the social media links at the bottom of the page, or via the Contact Us page with details of your act/band, including the type of music you play, where you’re based, and what sort of show you’d be looking to play.